Potato Starch Market Size Was Valued at USD 4.4Billion in 2022 and is Projected to Reach USD 5.93 Billion by 2030, Growing at a CAGR of 3.8% From 2023-2030.
Potato starch, a versatile ingredient derived from potatoes, finds applications in various industries such as food and beverages, textiles, pharmaceuticals, and papermaking. The increasing demand for natural and clean-label ingredients in the food industry has been a significant driver for the potato starch market. Potato starch is valued for its thickening, binding, and moisture retention properties, making it a preferred choice in food processing. Additionally, the growing awareness of gluten-free products has further boosted the adoption of potato starch in gluten-free formulations. On the industrial front, the textile and paper industries use potato starch for its adhesive and binding characteristics. The pharmaceutical sector also utilizes potato starch in the production of capsules and tablets. Market players are focusing on expanding production capacities and improving processing technologies to meet the rising demand. Global economic factors, weather conditions affecting potato crops, and innovations in alternative starch sources are some of the variables influencing the market's trajectory.
Top Key Players Covered in The Potato Starch Market:
- Pepees S.A. (Poland)
- Agrana Beteiligungs-AS (Austria)
- KMC (Denmark)
- Tate & Lyle (UK)
- VIMAL PPCE (Ukraine)
- Avebe (The Netherlands)
- Tereos (France)
- Lyckeby (Sweden)
- Rädchen USA (US), and Other Major Players
Market Dynamics and Factors:
Potato Starch Market include the rising demand for natural and gluten-free ingredients in the food industry, given the increasing health consciousness among consumers. Potato starch is versatile, offering functional benefits like thickening and binding, further fueling its demand in food and beverage applications. Additionally, the growing awareness about the sustainable production of starch from potatoes aligns with the environmentally conscious consumer trends, contributing to market expansion. The increasing adoption of potato starch in non-food applications due to its eco-friendly and biodegradable nature opens up new avenues for market growth. The dependence on potato cultivation makes the market susceptible to weather-related uncertainties, impacting the overall supply chain. Fluctuations in raw material availability and prices can pose challenges to market stability. Additionally, the potential threat of alternative starch sources may hinder the market's growth, necessitating strategic innovation and differentiation to maintain a competitive edge.
The Potato Starch Market Report Highlight:
- By Nature, the rising popularity of organic products owing to their perceived health benefits is fueling the growth of the organic potato starch segment. Organic foods are perceived to be safer and healthier as they are free from any chemicals and pesticides.
- By End-user, the widening application of starch across the food and beverage industry is expected to support the growth of this market. This starch form is becoming an important ingredient in a range of processed foods. It is utilized as a thickening, binding, and stabilizing agent and the demand is steadily growing on account of the rising popularity of clean-label and plant-based products.
- By Type, Starch has been utilized in food, textile, and pharmaceutical industries for many years. Previously, modified starch was extensively utilized owing to is higher content of amylose. However, in recent years, the increased utilization of starch in food and beverage industry has transformed the demand dynamics to increase the demand for its native variant.
- By Region, North America holds a commanding position in the potato starch market share on account of growing demand from the food and beverage industry. The market in the region is primarily propelled by the growing trend of clean-label and plant-based products. Consumers nowadays are looking for healthy products that also provide indulgence.
Key Industry Development:
- In February 2023, Ingredion Inc. acquired National Starch LLC. In a major shakeup, Ingredion, a leading global ingredient solutions provider, acquired National Starch from Cargill in. This deal strengthens Ingredion's position in the potato starch market, particularly in North America.
- In April 2023, Emsland Group acquired Avebe Kartoffelstärke GmbH. German agro-industrial giant Emsland Group acquired Avebe Kartoffelstärke GmbH, a potato starch producer in Germany. This move expands Emsland's potato starch production capacity and diversifies its product portfolio.
The Potato Starch Market Segmentation:
By End - User
- Food & Beverages
- Paper Industry
- Biodegradable Plastics
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the Potato Starch Market based on region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2023-2030)
o The U.S.
o The Czech Republic
o Rest of Eastern Europe
o Rest of Western Europe
o Rest of APAC
Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of SA
Related Press Releases
Would you like to get in touch? We'll be happy to talk!