IV Therapy Market Size Was Valued at USD 47.5 Billion in 2022 and is Projected to Reach USD 78.9 Billion by 2030, Growing at a CAGR of 6.70% From 2023-2030.
IV or intravenous therapy is a way to give fluids, medicine, nutrition, or blood directly into the bloodstream through a vein. IV therapy uses a type of tiny plastic tubing (cannula) that goes into the vein, a needle, and plastic tubing that connects the set-up to a bag of fluid. Altogether, the pieces are called an “IV.”
The intravenous route of administration is commonly used for rehydration or to provide nutrients for those who cannot, or will not—due to reduced mental states or otherwise—consume food or water by mouth.
The intravenous route is the fastest way to deliver medications and fluid replacement throughout the body as they are introduced directly into the circulatory system and thus quickly distributed. For this reason, the intravenous route of administration is also used for the consumption of some recreational drugs.
Top Key Players Covered in The IV Therapy Market:
- BioScrip Inc. (US)
- Option Care Health Inc. (US)
- Coram LLC (US), BriovaRx (US)
- PharMerica Corporation (US)
- Amsino International Inc. (US)
- BioLife Plasma Services (US)
- Cigna Corporation (US)
- CVS Health Corporation (US)
- Express Scripts Holding Company (US)
- Diplomat Pharmacy Inc. (US)
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (US)
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation (US)
- Baxter International Inc. (US)
- Braun Melsungen AG (Germany)
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA (Germany)
- Terumo Corporation (Japan)
- Nipro Corporation (Japan)
- Smiths Medical (United Kingdom)
- Grifols S.A. (Spain)and Other Major Players
Market Dynamics and Factors:
IV medications bypass the digestive system and are delivered directly into the bloodstream, resulting in a rapid onset of action. This is particularly important in emergencies or when immediate therapeutic effects are required. IV therapy allows for the simultaneous administration of multiple medications, as long as they are compatible. This is particularly advantageous in critical care settings or for patients requiring complex treatment regimens. Thus, proper medication helps to maintain health and these factors are responsible for the increasing growth of the IV therapy market. Developing countries often face significant healthcare challenges, including limited access to medications and treatments. Raising awareness about the benefits and availability of IV therapy can help address these challenges by providing a safe and effective means of delivering essential medications and fluids directly into the bloodstream. In developing countries with high prevalence rates of infectious diseases, such as HIV/AIDS and malaria, IV therapy can play a vital role in preventing disease transmission. By ensuring sterile practices and promoting awareness about the importance of safe IV administration, the risk of infection can be minimized. Thus, the increasing awareness about IV therapy is creating a major opportunity for the IV therapy Market.
The IV Therapy Market Report Highlight:
- By Type, The Intravenous Catheters segment within the IV Therapy Market is poised for significant growth due to the increasing demand for precise and safe vascular access for delivering fluids and medications. Technological advancements in catheter design and materials, coupled with rising healthcare needs, are expected to drive this segment's expansion, meeting the growing demand for various medical procedures and therapies.
- By Medical Application, The Blood-Based Products segment within the IV Therapy Market is expected to experience substantial growth due to the rising demand for blood components like plasma and platelets for various medical treatments, including trauma care, surgeries, and cancer therapies. Advancements in blood product storage and transfusion techniques are likely to boost this segment's expansion to meet critical healthcare needs.
- By End Users, The Hospitals segment is poised to dominate the IV Therapy Market as hospitals are primary providers of healthcare services requiring intravenous treatments. They handle a high volume of patients needing IV therapy for diverse medical conditions, surgeries, and critical care. Their extensive infrastructure and expertise make them the central hub for IV therapy administration and management.
- By Region, The North American region is anticipated to have the highest share of the IV Therapy market over the forecasted period. North America, particularly the United States and Canada, has a well-developed healthcare infrastructure, including hospitals, clinics, and healthcare systems. This infrastructure supports the delivery of IV therapy services and facilitates the availability of IV medications, equipment, and skilled healthcare professionals.
Key Industry Development:
In December 2023, Eisai and Biogen are set to launch "LEQEMBI® Intravenous Infusion" (Lecanemab) for Alzheimer's Disease treatment in Japan on December 20, coinciding with its inclusion in the Japan National Health Insurance Drug Price List. This humanized anti-aggregated amyloid-beta (Aβ) monoclonal antibody, available in 200mg and 500mg doses, represents a significant milestone in Alzheimer's therapy and aims to address unmet medical needs. The collaboration of these pharmaceutical leaders promises hope for patients and their families.
In April 2023, PharMerica Partners with SIRUM to Donate Unused, Unexpired Drugs to help under-resourced families access life-saving medications. PharMerica has partnered with SIRUM since 2015 to donate unused, unexpired drugs.
The IV Therapy Market Segmentation:
- Implantable Ports
- Intravenous Catheters
- Hypodermic Needles
- Infusion Pumps
By Medical Application
- Volume Expander
- Medication Administration
- Blood Based Products
- Buffer Solution
- Ambulatory Surgical Centre
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Other Distribution Channels
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the IV Therapy Market based on region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2023-2030)
- The U.S.
- The Czech Republic
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Rest of APAC
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of SA
Related Press Releases
Would you like to get in touch? We'll be happy to talk!